Here are the whiskies I currently have at the top of my “want to try/buy” list. If you have an opinion on any of them, or just LOVE one of them and think I just have to try that one next, I’d love to hear about it.
Edit: Wow, this page is old… 🙂 Updates below
Whiskies I’ve never tried, but want to:
- Ardbeg Blasda
- Bruichladdich Peat
- Bunnahabhain [expression?] -> Got the 12, tried the 18. I like the newer, higher proof 12 much better than the old.
- Clynelish 14 [Update: Tried a glass at a bar. Pretty good stuff!] -> Got it.
- Glendronach 15 -> Got it. Yum! Maybe over the top for some.
- Glenkinchie [any expression] –> Tried the standard. Not bad, not great.
- The Glenlivet Nadura 16 -> Got it.
- Any other “Glen…” -> Got a whole bunch of them. 🙂
- Hibiki 12 -> Tried it. I like it, but not as much as everybody else seems to. Kind of over-priced here.
- Isle of Skye 8 year [After reading this review by John Hansell] -> Got it. Meh.
- Jura Superstition -> Tried it. Not bad at all!
- Jura 16 -> Tried from a few years ago, and more recent. Seems much better now.
- Laphroaig 18 -> Got it. Excellent!
- Macallan 18 -> Got it. Hi price, but really like it.
- Springbank 10 or 15 -> Got them. My favorite is the 12 year, actually.
- Yamazaki 18 -> Got it. Very unique…love it.
Whiskies I’ve tried, and would like a full bottle of:
- Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist [Liked it, but too expensive here] -> Got a couple of bottles for $62 each!
- Caol Ila 12 [Got a Signatory 14 that will fill in for this] -> Not liking the latest 12 year bottlings as much as pre-2009.
- Glenmorangie Nector D’or -> Got it
- Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban -> Got it
- Glenmorangie Signet -> Got another sample, but still not ready to dish out $200 for this one.
- Laphroaig QC -> Got it. Love the Triple Wood too
- Macallan CS
- Talisker DE -> Got a few. Love them!!!
- Yamazaki 12 -> Got it
- Rosebank 1991, 17 year (Single Malts of Scotland)